Challenges facing businesses
Businesses are under intense pressure to drive efficiencies by improving business processes.
Document-related processes are found across many different organizational functions, including accounting, marketing, legal, finance, and procurement, among others. In industries such as financial services, healthcare, education, and legal, processing documents is an essential part of business operations.
To achieve true efficiency, ensure traceability of information, and minimize human error, document-based processes should be connected to business processes. Organizations need the ability to share information across enterprise applications to provide users with real-time access to the latest information.
Challenges facing IT departments
Businesses demand agility in handling changes, such as new processes or results of mergers and acquisitions.
Technology solutions must meet the specific requirements of an organization’s business units. Yet management of enterprise applications is costly and budgets for new IT projects are limited.
While paper documents are still prevalent and play a crucial role in many business processes, they’re hard to manage.
- You could adapt business processes quickly and cost-effectively in response to ever-changing requirements?
- You could link enterprise applications and connect them with data from your paper and electronic documents to automate complex tasks?
Now you can.
Enterprise Imaging Platform is a single middleware platform based on Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) that automates complex business processes by integrating enterprise applications and paper based information flows. Companies benefit not only through significant cost savings and increased efficiencies but also gain business intelligence by bringing together vital information previously scattered across various back end systems and/or stored
on paper or electronic documents.
Enterprise Imaging Platform combines Canon’s latest imaging technologies and Enterprise Application Integration (EAI) into one package. This goes beyond typical EAI middleware products, as it enables users to automate document and image-related business processes.
Why is “imaging” important?
It streamlines hard-to-manage, yet crucial, document processes. Imaging:
- captures, classifies, extracts, and validates information from paper
- and delivers it to multiple applications automatically and simultaneously;
- generates new documents that combine data from multiple applications (ERP, CRM, ECM, etc.) into a portable format (PDF or Excel) that’s easy to print, e-mail, fax, or archive;
- integrates input/output devices and their various functional capabilities into the business automation realm; and,
- includes the capability to store documents and information in a repository.
- Connect information stored in multiple enterprise applications, such as ERP, CRM, ECM, and enable easy access to information, when and where needed.
- Connect enterprise applications to input and output devices and your workforce to automate business processes in their entirety, including paper-based, previously manual operations.
- Integrate multiple enterprise applications with document-based information flows within one automated business solution.
- Integrate at a low cost and with limited custom development using Service Oriented Architecture (SOA).
- Easily create, maintain, and modify complex business solutions to quickly adapt to business changes.
- Streamline your company’s document-centric business workflows to save time and money!
- Limit the number of human errors associated with manual, cumbersome paper handling.
- Improve transparency and enable information sharing across teams and departments.
- Gain business intelligence by bringing document- related information into the enterprise workflow.
Enterprise Imaging Platform Advantages
Enterprise Imaging Platform fully leverages Web Services, and most functionalities are provided as SOA-based adapters. This results in a system that’s easy to develop, maintain, and enhance.